Return To Jobs
Apply For Job
Safety and Fleet Assistant
Denver Intermodal Express, Inc. is currently looking for a reliable and highly motivated Safety and Fleet Assistant. We are looking for a candidate with a background and knowledge of DOT rules and regulations and trailer maintenance to join our team. This role deals with highly confidential information daily and will be responsible for maintaining DOT compliance for the company.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Monitor driver logs on a daily basis; check for HOS violations, missing logs, and run monthly mileage reports.
- Input mileage for trucks in various areas such as Excel spreadhseets and onlne portals.
- Maintain filing cabinets with updated information on a daily/weekly basis. Follow DOT record keeping retention.
- Organize driver folders for new hires, obtain all DOT required information for driver recordkeeping.
- Install/ uninstall ELD equipemnt in trucks added to the fleet. Troubleshoot all ELD issues when drivers report to the Safety Department.
- Ensure all fuel receipts are being turned in to the safety department for IFTA reporting.
- Update JJ keller, V-Intermodal, and UIIA with updated driver information.
- Monitor footage in company trucks for violations of company policy.
- Monitor drug and alcohol quarterly randoms for drivers, send SAP drivers for necessary testing.
- Report accidents to insurance company with all required photos and information.
- Issue insurance certificates for customers and owner operators.
- Assist with quarterly safety meetings and driver appreciation week.
- Assist safety manager with phone calls including recruiting, service calls, driver assistance, etc.
Qaulifications and Skills:
- 1-2 years minimum expericne working in the transportation industry, primarily with DOT compliance.
- Must have excellent organizational and written communication skills. Strong multitasking skills are needed to help assist drivers and other departments.
- Knowledge of basic truck and trailer verbiage.
- Self-motivated, organized, responsible team player.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in office equipment; phones, printer, fax machine.
- Ability to learn the business quickly and work with the people in the organization.